Quality Services for People with Disabilities and Activity Limitations
“We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”
If you're a health care worker who comes in contact with the public, this workshop is for you.
- Are you a manager?
- Do you work in member services or at a call center?
- Are you a front office worker, such as a receptionist, administrative assistant, patient information aide, or volunteer?
- Are you a member of a clinical team - maybe a doctor, nurse, therapist, technologist, technician, social worker, or aide?
Every day, your duties bring you into contact with someone who is seeking access to quality health care services with some type of temporary or permanent disability or activity limitation.
To learn more about this valuable training, go to https://www.hfcdhp-training.org/.
For more information, contact Brenda Premo at 909-469-5385.
Accessible Health Care Brief Series
- Importance of Accessible Examination Tables, Chairs & Weight Scales: Edition 3.1 *REVISED*
- Choosing and Negotiating an Accessible Facility Location: Edition 2 *REVISED*
- Improving Accessibility with Limited Resources: Edition 2 *REVISED*
- Health Care (clinic/outpatient) Facilities Access: Edition 2 *REVISED*
Improving and Protecting Your Health
- 5 “G’s”Getting Access to Health Care for People with Physical Disabilities *NEW*
- Using a Fitness Center Does Not Have to be an Exercise in Frustration: Tips for People with Mobility and Visual Disabilities *NEW*
Including People with Disabilities in Policy and Advisory Groups
- Effectively Including People with Disabilities in Policy and Advisory Groups (Edition 2, 2012) PDF MS Word
Provides how-to information for effectively including people with disabilities in policy and advisory boards, councils or work groups; contains material on developing and sustaining an advisory group; discusses why to include people with disabilities; and how to identify qualified people with disabilities. Includes a planning checklist that covers defining purpose, structure, size, lines of communication, membership, recruiting, budgeting, staffing, minutes, accountability, meeting access and accommodations; a planning recruiting matrix; and an agenda and minutes template.